Skip to content
Grand Prix Circuits
- Australian Grand Prix – Albert Park, Melbourne
- Malaysian Grand Prix – Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur
- Bahrain Grand Prix – Bahrain International Circuit, Manama
- San Marino Grand Prix – Imola
- Spanish Grand Prix – Barcelona
- Monaco Grand Prix – Monte Carlo
- European Grand Prix – Nurburgring
- Canadian Grand Prix – Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal
- United States Grand Prix – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- French Grand Prix – Circuit Nevers, Magny Cours
- British Grand Prix – Silverstone
- German Grand Prix – Hockenheim
- Hungarian Grand Prix – Hungaroring, Budapest
- Turkish Grand Prix – Istanbul
- Italian Grand Prix – Monza
- Belgian Grand Prix – Spa Francorchamps
- Brazilian Grand Prix – Interlagos, Sao Paulo
- Japanese Grand Prix – Suzuka
- Chinese Grand Prix – Shanghai International Circuit
Motor Racing News & Results
- ATLAS TEAM F1 The Journal of Formula One Motorsport.
- Autosport daily motorsport news.
- AutoWeek Online has news and features from this week’s issue, reader forums and an archive of past items.
- ESPN.com: Auto Racing has news and results from F1 as well as other series.
- Federation International de L’Automobile. The FIA is the sanctioning body for F1 racing as well as many other forms of motorsport and they publish regular press releases throughout the year. It looks like this year’s content is going to be much less than last year which was excellent. See Formula1.com below for a possible explanation.
- Formula1.com the erstwhile “Definitive Formula One Website” lost their legal battle with the FIA and are now the “Official Formula 1 Website”. They have the best domain name on the Web and the site has been much improved but it is still too slow. The interface seems to have been designed for small monitors and wastes too much screen space for my liking. Not as good as it used to be, this site is improving over time.
- The Formula One DataBase.
- Formula One Information Central: How to Travel to Formula One.
- F1 Central: The past, present and future of Formula 1.
- F1-Live.com has news, results and some useful archives in a really nicely designed site.
- F1NEWSWIRE say they are “always in front”.
- F1Racing.net: Every day updated Formula One news.
- The F1 Rumors Site has the stories before they are official.
- GALE FORCE F1 – used to call itself “the fastest results service on the Internet” but it stopped adding new material on January 31, 2002 so I guess it has slowed down a little since then. Their earlier material is currently still available.
- Will GP2003 the “Website of the 2003 Formula One Season” be changing their name anytime soon? Could be as GP2004 currently redirects you back to this site.
- grandprix.com – has the usual: Formula 1 news, features, photographs and technical articles but the GP Encyclopaedia is a nice addition with a wealth of knowledge.
- From England ITV has a nice site with news, reviews and a beginner’s guide to Formula 1.
- Motorsport News International. Archives of hundreds of articles on every form of motor racing.
- Pitpass claims that nobody gets you closer.
- Formula One news, fun, results and features from Planet-F1.com.
- Racer magazine’s Web site is now mainly just a promo for their print issue since they teamed up with Speedvision.
- rec.autos.sport.f1 – the F1 newsgroup on the Usenet.
- Speedvision is the only cable/satellite network in the US to show Formula 1 and their Web site gives program schedules as well as news and information on virtually all forms of motor sport.
- USA TODAY Motor Racing Latest news stories and results from F1.
Formula 1 Pictures & Sounds
- The Formula 1 Picture Gallery has lots of small JPEGs but the quality is not very good.
- The Murray Walker Quotes Page. Dozens of hilarious quotes from the man who brought you “With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go”, “Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna’s Lotus sounding rough?”, “and I interrupt myself to bring you this….” and the classic catchphrase “Unless I’m very much mistaken….I AM very much mistaken!”
Racing Related Sites
- The Formula One Supporters Association aims to represent Formula 1 supporters and fans and to provide those in a position of power in Formula 1 with organized feedback with respect to past, current and planned changes to the structure and workings of F1. It also promises to be back before the new season starts.
- The Pirelli Calendar. OK, it’s a stretch, but it’s also a tradition.
- The new location for the Racing for Britain Home Page. RfB is a non profit making organization dedicated to supporting British talent in motor racing which it does by sponsoring promising young drivers at the start of their careers. Several current and former F1 drivers have benefited from this sponsorship. I was a member myself in the late 80’s when I lived in the UK before I moved to sunny California. They have recently added several other countries and are in the process of uploading their media archives.
Lists Of Links